Compliance Procedures for All Volunteers
The St. Benedict Prep community welcomes volunteers to help provide students with the best educational environment and opportunities possible. We depend on family support to carry out our mission to inspire and cultivate a balance of faith, academic excellence, and individual talents in a diverse setting.
ALL VOLUNTEERS need to complete the following training and forms before they can volunteer for the school or parish events that involve positions of trust or working with children:
1. Register for Virtus training. Go to www.virtus.org, and select Registration on the left panel. Note: all participants must pre-register online to attend. Upon completion you will be given a certificate which should be turned in to the school.
2. Attend Virtus/Protecting God's Children for Adults. You will be prompted to complete an online criminal background check. (The access code is "protection"). If you have already completed the Virtus training, but not a background check, please email email@example.com to receive a link to complete it.
3. Read and sign the Code of Conduct form and turn in to the school. CLICK HERE for a copy of the Code of Conduct form.
4. Complete the Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking Form (CANTS). Return completed form to the school. CLICK HERE for a copy of the CANTS form.
5. Complete the Volunteer Policies and Guidelines Form. Return completed form to the school. CLICK HERE for a copy of the Volunteer Policies and Guidelines form.
We do not want to disappoint any potential volunteers or turn any volunteers away. If you have any questions, please contact either Mrs. Christine Clardy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Rachel Gemo at email@example.com
For more information from the archdiocese go to: https://protect.archchicago.org/compliance-resources